Web CMS Designs: Forums

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 pm
Reply with quote Back to top
gator81

I will try to make this short Smile

I want to add code to an existing block or stand alone that will allow a brows button to select a single file to upload to a specific folder. I asked on RN site and wanted to ask here also if that is ok.

I am using the wimpy player for church messages. And I have done it all with xml sheets for the past few years. Now I can just upload the mp3 file to the folder and it will add it to the player automatically. So if i can create something like a simple upload, make it for specific permission so nobody will see it and they could login, click on the button, select the upload and put it into the wimpy folder and all is done Smile
I have worked with the download mod with little results, and I see that I would be doing everything again. I could put a ftp utility on the church computer but with the experience of some of them it could create more problems :/

thank you for any suggestions, directions, or places you would suggest checking for info.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:05 am
spasticdonkey

The people behind wimpy actually have a bunch of free software, one of which is a simple ftp utility that may work for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. While most of their apps are a few years old, I still use a couple of them fairly regularly; most notably TimeTrek to help keep track of time spent on paid projects.

Wimpy FTP
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/wimpyFTP/index.html

Aside from that I would look into kguske's suggestions on Ravens' site.
spasticdonkeywebcmsdesigns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 am
gator81

I downloaded the ftp, but i was trying to avoid having additional programs to preform the task. I will work with this and try to get it on the church computer. but it would also mean that if the church computer went down or something else happened then I am back to the same issue.
By being able to create a block or module that would do this then there are no external programs needed and it could be done from anywhere you have internet connection and have the permission to use.
I responded to the post on RN site, and i was probally long winded. It could be that this is something only I could make use of, or it could become the most popular to everyone.

I am in the process of trying to start to put some code togather and with any luck I may get close Smile

thank you for the suggestions and the help.

Your AccountNew Members