Web CMS Designs: Forums

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 am
Reply with quote Back to top
nextgen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
So i was starting or continuing a theme when i started thinking about a menu system for the theme. Well one thing leads to another and i have gotten side tracked on a Mega Menu Mod. Do not know where i started to go off track but 4 hours later i have done nothing to the theme and gained a little ground on a Mega Menu for RN. 2.5

This happens more then i would like. Smile

Does anyone have any techniques that help avoid this common to me distraction...
nextgenwith Kindness comes many rewards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 pm
gator81

this is what I try to do but it will not always work.

1. create a list of 5 goals you want to work on.
a. write detailed info that you want to do for that goal, the more detail the better
2. set a priority of importance to each goal
3. start at number 1 until you are are done or brain locked
a. if done continue to next goal
b. if brain locked, continue with next goal
c. return to first after next goal is done, if still brain locked continue with next step.
4. if still brain lock after all other goals are done, post here as he prob fix in couple mins
5. start new list of goals Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am
nextgen

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I had a teacher at the university tell me exactly that and to remove all media (music, videos etc) from the PC because of the temptation. I have maybe 4 themes and 2 mods , all started and waiting for attention. I just finished a theme tonight and released it and finished the fonts extras on my own theme.

Every time i come here i hate all themes i do because spastic does his themes with all the bells and whistles and mine just pale in comparison.
nextgenwith Kindness comes many rewards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm
gator81

well i am pretty sure that he didnt create something like this the first time he tried..it took alot of work on his part to get this good, I would almost bet on that Smile ...but the way your going you will be up there with him in no time Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:01 am
spasticdonkey

Ya keep in mind I have never actually released a theme, and it's much easier to do things for yourself than for public consumption. I have also been working off and on for 1.5yrs on this theme, and I'm still not 100% satisfied or feeling like it is complete.

While I haven't had a chance to inspect your themes too closely yet, from what I've seen you've done a great job. Glad to have another person out there creating stuff for RavenNuke. Smile

In regards to getting sidetracked, I'm a terrible person to ask advice from, lol. If I'm just working on personal projects I don't even try to avoid distractions, as they are usually related somehow to the current project; and if not, I'm trying to have fun so why limit myself?

If I'm really trying to stay on track I found having a time clock software really helps. I still use this basic one from the makers of Wimpy player, TimeTrek. It has a coffee/smoke break option so if you really need to goof off you still can.
spasticdonkeywebcmsdesigns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:06 am
Guardian

You are not alone! I get side tracked all the time but my main problem is that once I climb into bed, I see code running around in my head and then think "hmm, did I try that, wonder if doing it this way would be more efficient....", then I have to get up and try it and of course my body clock is always out of synch and I find myself sleeping at ridiculous times.

I usually set myself goals and try to achieve certain objectives with each "session" but I usually try to make sure each goal or objective is achievable within a few hours. Sometimes your mind needs to just wander off and explore things, especially if you have come across some interesting code or concept via Google whilst researching something. I think this helps a little to keep me focused as it means I'm effectively giving myself permission to 'tune out' every few hours.

I have just started using a spreadsheet to keep track of url's that I want to re-visit to explore code or idea's in more details so hopefully that might help. I deliberately avoid bookmarking sites like that because it's just to easy to use them and get distracted again...
GuardianScript Shack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:58 pm
xardason

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.ru
gangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.rugeartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.ru
geophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ru
halfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ru
hartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru
jobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.ru
kerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ru
knowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.ru
laissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.ru
navelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ru
quasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.ru
recessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ru
scarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.ru
tacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkas
ultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

Your AccountNew Members