Web CMS Designs: Forums

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:43 am
Reply with quote Back to top
gator81

I know your busy but would like to share some thoughts and had a couple of questions and this looked like the best place.

thoughts:
1. could you create a forum for help request (something you can look at when you have time)
2. another forum that you may have for "Ideas for future projects" again when you have time.

Questions:
1. If you have time could you give any kinda example on how you did the featured content "again when you have time"

I Have more questions but wanted to start at that, i am trying to figure some of this out myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:26 pm
spasticdonkey

Your welcome to post help requests in any appropriate forum. For general coding questions you can use Coding Discussion and if you have questions regarding customizing ravennuke, blocks, themes, etc, I have forums for those and a few other topics.. I hesitate to create a generic help request forum as it's harder for other users to browse the information if it covers every topic under the sun...

Generally I'm willing to help, within reason, provided those asking for help show a desire to learn and are willing to do most of the work themselves Smile Of course you will be drawing on a larger community of experienced coders by posting at Raven's Site but I'll do my best to help here; and encourage others to do the same if they feel they can contribute something beneficial to the discussion...

I usually have more ideas for future projects than time, but always love to hear more ideas..Just find an appropriate forum which relates to the idea, if there is none use General Discussion

I'd be glad to give an example of the "featured content", but not 100% sure what you are referring to. The homepage? If you have other questions, that's fine, just start new threads for them if they are not directly related to what has already been mentioned here.
spasticdonkeywebcmsdesigns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 am
gator81

thank you for the response. since this will be an extension of one of my questions

1. when i asked about an example of the featured content, I was talking about what is part of the content plus module. It is a setting inside where you can click to show the content as being featured. After doing more searching and trying to find any information on how the feature content was configured I come across another project you have done called 'CTOPICS - Topics Module for content plus, and you had disabled the download.

As for asking for help, I really try to research and figure out as much as i can myself, as it give a feeling of conquest when I can figure it out,. But i do have those times that no matter how obvious the solution I just cannot see what needs to be done.
I have also been searching on other sites for information, Raven's, papamikes, clanthemes, and a few others, including personal help from nextgen Smile

Thank you for letting me have another great source of information as it will help me in my learning process Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:53 am
spasticdonkey

In terms of the default unmodified Content Plus, featured content, with a preview, is displayed at the top of the category it is in; when viewing said category. It is administered in the Content Plus ACP. On this site I have modified Content Plus category and tags pages to have a layout similar to News, where all results have a preview. I don't use featured content within Content Plus simply because I'm displaying much of it on the homepage, which is using the cTopics module.

The download is disabled because I haven't had a chance to finish it yet, unfortunately. I had it 95% ready for RN2.4 but the disqus approach changed, and haven't had time to update the code yet. It's been on the shelf for awhile, so it probably needs other improvements as well.. It has support for the "title in the url" mod which I also have not had time to update for rn2.5 yet, so that needs doing first too.

It's on my short list of things to finish, so maybe I'll take a look at it again in the near future...
spasticdonkeywebcmsdesigns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:03 am
gator81

I look forward to when you can update those Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:29 pm
xardason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:30 pm
xardason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:31 pm