Web CMS Designs: Forums

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Reply with quote Back to top
gator81

I was able to follow all the steps to add this, but for some reason i cannot get the links or youtube sections to work. If it would be best I will try to go through all the steps again and see if it makes a difference but wanted to ask as it may be something simple that I missed. thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 pm
spasticdonkey

What do you mean by they don't work? Are they invisible, or do you see the bbcode in the post but no youtube and/or link? Are you speaking of the default mod, or the EasyTube modification?
spasticdonkeywebcmsdesigns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 am
gator81

I am sorry I was not more specific

Everything seems to come up just like here (different theme) , and it just shows the bbcode and not the youtube.

I only used the advanced bbc for 2.5 and followed the directions for all the changes. I am using a theme from papamike but the directions where so detailed that I was able to find all the changes that needed to be made.

this also seem to be for anything that was used for linking. a url just show the bbcode for the url an pic would do the same also.

thank you for your assistance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 am
spasticdonkey

No problem, and that helps me to narrow things down a bit. Does the bbcode look something like so?

[url:21039808059093294]www.somesite.com[/url:21039808059093294]

or like this

[url]www.somesite.com[/url]

If it looks like the first example, the problem is likely in the
function bbencode_second_pass
of bbcode.php. If like the second example it's likely in
function bbencode_first_pass
. That's where I would start to look. Give it a try and if you can't figure out, ZIP the theme up for me and provide via PM. Enclose a copy of your bbcode.php as well, if you go that route.

BTW, you might try the pre-edited bbcode.php and see if that works; if you haven't already. If you have other bbcode customizations, it may be easier to modify the pre-edited file, than the other way around.

Just to clarify, the URL and YOUTUBE features are the only ones not working?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:53 pm
gator81

I went back and re tested to make sure and now the url is working but the youtube and the insert video file didnt work. When i go to preview I get a blank box, it didnt show any bbcode just blank. I did see the code when doing the edit but nothing on the preview.

I am adding 2 files, one is the edited theme and the other is the unedited theme. I downloaded the theme from papamike http://www.papamikecreations.net/

as for what i did when setting this up, I copied all the pre edited files over. even though i am not using the other themes i wanted to copy it anyway to have them there. I copied the to folders in the root folder to the root of the site. I did have an includes folder but i didnt have a mods folder so it created one. I went through all the steps to edit the theme and at the end i copied the crimson files to the style folder in the theme directory.
everything shows like it is suppose to and so far besides the video issues everything seems to be working. I didnt use every one of the options like the twitter but i tried to test most of them. If there is anything else you would need please let me know, I am greatfull for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm
spasticdonkey

The copy of bbcode.tpl in your edited theme is not the one from the mod. That's one file that is safe to use the pre-edited file. There's several included with the mod and they are all the same.. Verify you have that uploaded to PMC-Crash/forums/

If something is completely missing from view, that usually points to a problem with the template.. (bbcode.tpl). Although on the good side it means the other edits are probably working properly; I.E. it recognized the bbcode and sent it to the template. But (in theory) the template didn't have code to display it so nothing gets displayed.

I uploaded a modified bbcode.tpl to the theme and it seemed to work in limited testing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:24 am
gator81

I will re-download the file again as my main computer is down and i dont have the files on my laptop. I will copy the file over and let you know how it is working.
again I thank you much for all the help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 am
gator81

ok, from testing so far, all i did was copy the bbcode.tpl file to my forums folder and when i went and tested the forums the youtube videos where already there waiting Smile
thank you very much for the help, if i come across anything else I know where to ask Smile

thank you again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:08 pm
xardason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:09 pm
xardason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 pm
xardason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:11 pm